Friday, June 4, 2010

Dont go to Ballys North Hollywood

After my shitty experience at Bally Total Fitness North Hollywood, I decided to send this email to the manager.


------------------

I was there today to speak with you about the 7 day pass and everything.  I was greeted by your salesman who was on staff at the time.  From what I have gathered he is the only armenian there.  I did not see his name his name tag was messed up.

He does not know how to sell me, he did not determine my needs or offer me any options.  Being as unprofessional as he was really upset me to the point where I simply left.  He wasted my time and bullshitted me.

He informed me that the "policy" did not qualify me for a 7 day pass because I was going into the service in a month.  Him and I went back and fourth for a while about this.  I told him that Jeff called me and he knew I was going into the service and that he would have told me right there and then if there was a problem.  Only after he pissed me off he mentioned that I can buy a 10 dollar/a day pass or a 30 day pass.

I originally wanted a 30 day pass way before I was even contacted by you, If I didnt want a membership I never would have filled out the free pass knowing a staff member would contact me.  He had no position to deny my 7 day pass, he wanted me to buy a membership before even setting foot in the gym.  I told him I wanted the pass to get a feel for the gym and see if I liked it.  I would not pay for a membership for a gym I am not familiar with. (this is where the 7 day pass solves that problem)

He said, before I said anything "You are going into the service anyways you dont have any intention of buying a membership" I replied "Yes thats true, but I also wanted to buy a national membership, so that I can go to any location.... New York, Connecticut, San Diego or even Los Angeles."

I am not the only person who has complained about your salesman.  Many people have told me to stay away from that gym and that idiot salesman but I ignored them because the gym was located near my work and it would be easy for me to go to the gym on the regular.

Looks like your incompetant salesman lied to my face about my free 7 day pass and access to the gym. 

"You now have full access to our huge selection of cardio and resistance-training equipment, and you are welcome to try a variety of our Group Exercise Classes*, including Yoga and Pilates Mat."

Even though ballys north hollywood is the nearest gym to my work, the poor excuse of a salesman and his failed attempt to help me out made me decide not to join and I will not be recommending that gym to anyone I come in contact with.  I will be posting a copy of this email to my website, my blog, my fitness message board and sharing this experience with everyone I know.

Please dont contact me. 


No comments: